There are rituals and duties that every Muslim has to adhere to; they are not temporary, nor seasonal..
They are the life time obligations of being a Muslim, not discretion nor excusable..
Despite the varieties and options of voluntary rituals, the following list contains the least of them; which my own school of thought believes they are almost compulsory:
- Always make intention to Allah swt; of whatsoever you do,
- Request shield of Allah swt from Shaytan; whenever starting anything,
- Naming Allah swt on commencing any act or deed,
- Offering cheerful Salaam on passing by or meeting others,
- Adherence to Islamic code of attire and behavior,
- Whenever doing anything, perform at your utmost and best knowledge,
- Avoid close interaction with persons of bad manners,
- Adhere to code of personal and public hygiene and cleanness,
- Make Ghosul (body wash) at least each Friday morning,
- Always being on Wadu’; specially before night sleep,
- Request forgiveness from Allah swt; at least 100 times a day,
- Request Allah swt to make prayers on his Prophet PBUH; at least 100 times a day,
- Repeat Shahadah; at least 100 times a day,
- Perform the daily five prayers,
- Make preferable reciting and Dau’a following each formal prayer
- Perform Naflah (voluntary) prayers following the formal ones,
- Perform the daily Qiyyam prayer – at least 2+2+1 Rakaa,
- Recite the Holy Quran daily – at least couple of verses,
- Fast the three mid-month (Hijri) days,
- Offer Zakat – Annual and Ramadhan,
- Perform Hajj –if you can, once in live time
These are the norms, which each Muslim should obliges to.. Once the person accepts Islam and Shahadah, such obligations are not debatable nor skeptical..
These 21 commandments are easy to offer, once turn into habits within your life and daily schedule.. They will not only “Please” Allah swt, as adherence to His guidance and roles, but also will reward the person in bot current and after life..
In our current life, such Islamic Habits and Cod of Conduction will shield the person from evil’s interventions and confusions, enabling the smooth flow of life, earning and blessings..
In the infinitive afterlife, they will pave the person’s path towards Allah swt rewards, which beyond any imagination or expectations..
Give it a try.. !